The past few weeks were healthy for us. We took some time off to breathe, recharge and improve our infrastructure and API contracts.
Apart from these invisible enhancements, we shipped the following requested features
- 500 GB plan for $9.99 / month
- Trash, with the ability to recover deleted files
- Option to delete files only from ente (this might sound trivial but it required some state management to ensure that such deleted files don't get backed up again, across re-installs)
- Ability to change file timestamps
- Ability to range-select items on web by holding the Shift key
The most exciting development for us was that Shailesh, the creator of DopeAI decided to join us to help make ente more intelligent. We are super excited to have someone of his caliber and clarity on board and can't wait to make ente more useful for you!
We already have the underlying architecture for adding artificial intelligence in a way that preserves your privacy, and are looking forward to leveraging this over the next few months.
As for the next release, we will be focusing on improving the reliability of background syncs on both iOS and Android, shipping a "light" theme and implementing sharing via URLs.
That's all for now. Wish you a cozy few weeks ahead. :)