We've had an exciting last couple of weeks in terms of both building and customer acquisition.
Here's a summary of the product improvements we made the last month:
- rewrote our web-uploader from scratch
- improved the retrial mechanism for uploads on mobile
- enabled versioning for files to safeguard against accidental / malicious modifications
- added support for live photos on iOS
- moved to Stripe for accepting payments on Android, which means discounted annual plans are now available there too
- slashed the prices for our 1000 GB and 2000 GB plans
- integrated ffmpeg into our web client improving the thumbnail generation for videos
- added the ability to change your email address
And finally, we showed readers of HackerNews what we've building: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=28347439
The reaction we received was overwhelmingly positive and we're very grateful for it all.
As for what's next, we're going to put our heads down and continue to build. Our focus for this month will be on
- improving our design elements
- laying the foundations for implementing indexing and search
- adding features to help you organize your memories better (move, rename, archive, deduplicate, ...)
- shipping our blog and knowledge base (something we've been procrastinating for too long)
If you have any feedback, please let us know by either posting on our public roadmap, or writing to me directly.